What is Friendly to Seniors
Friendly to Seniors is a unique senior developed and senior delivered program of the Toronto Council on Aging. The goal of this program is to make businesses and service organizations more accessible, inclusive and welcoming for everyone. The program enables businesses and service organizations to be leaders in the Age-Friendly City initiatives.
Friendly to Seniors will educate your employees on how to better serve this ever growing older consumer group and will help you see and remove barriers that limit seniors’ access to your facility.
At the completion of all components of the Friendly to Seniors program, your business or organization will:
- Have knowledge to avoid clichéd and often, incorrect assumptions about aging consumers.
- Have employees who understand the potential changes and challenges of aging and are better equipped to meet the needs of older adult consumers or clients.
- Have facilities and business premises that are welcoming to older adults, safe and barrier- free.
- Have trained leaders who can mentor fellow employees, ensuring a senior- friendly workplace.
- Have the credentials to effectively market your business or organization to older adults and to your community as friendly to seniors.