Founded in 1999 following the amalgamation of the City of Toronto, the Toronto Council on Aging is a non-profit, charitable organization working to address the issues and concerns of older adults in Toronto.
The TCA is led by the grassroots wisdom of older adults. We are committed to educating widely, representing and serving diverse populations, providing leadership, and aiding in the development of an age-inclusive city by building collaborative networks.
Our community respects, values and empowers its older adults.
- Collaboration: The development of cross sector relationships with others is the “operating philosophy” of TCA
- Leadership: We are led by the wisdom and experiences of older adults
- Action-oriented: We are focused on the outcomes, utilizing an independent voice for change and accountability for our actions
- Respect: We recognize the lifelong contribution of older adults to society
- Inclusive: We strive to represent the diversity of older adults in our programs and practices
Our Strategic Directions
Optimize Visibility: We will build and grow the visibility, awareness and reputation of TCA
Build Financial Health: We will establish stable and sustainable funding sources for TCA
Foster Policy Engagement: We will foster grassroots engagement with specific policies in support of older adults (e.g. transportation, housing, healthcare)
Enhance Diversity: We will engage with older adults and their communities from diverse neighbourhoodsEnsure Educational Excellence: We will educate our community on best practices, current research and other timely topics
Strategic Plan for 2019 – 2021
The Board of Directors recently updated the TCA’s Strategic Plan for 2019 – 2021. It is available for download HERE.