How to be Friendly to Seniors ?
Friendly to Seniors offers the following programs:
The Friendly to Seniors Employee Workshop is designed to help your staff gain an increased understanding of the changes and challenges of aging as well as the benefits of providing better service to the growing older adult population. This interactive workshop will further your staff’s self-confidence and satisfaction in their work and contact with older adults.
- A two or three hour interactive workshop for your staff
- Topics include: the changes and challenges of aging, ageism and age discrimination, elder abuse, mini site assessment for safety and accessibility of your workplace
- Qualified and experienced older adults, volunteer members of TCA, deliver the workshop on your premises
- Attendance limited to 15 participants per session
- Each participant will receive an Friendly to Seniors Employee Resource Guide
- Workshop fee: For more information call : Toronto Council on Aging at 416-630-7000
- Upon completion of the Friendly to Seniors Employee Workshop, Site Assessment for Safety and Accessibility and implementation of the action plan, your business or organization will be certified as “senior friendly”.
- You will receive a certificate and use of the Friendly to Seniors logo for your marketing and promotional materials.
Site Assessments for Safety and Accessibility
Trained senior TCA volunteers will assess your workplace environment to identify barriers that may limit the access or present challenges for older adults. You will receive a written report offering practical suggestions to adapt your workplace to better meet older adults’ needs and ensure compliance with the requirements for the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- A proven evaluation approach for conducting an audit of your workplace facilities
- Written assessment and action plan
- Site assessment fee:For more information call : Toronto Council on Aging at 416-630-7000