Develop and deliver:
- High quality educational programs to aging adults and aging adult related organizations.
- High quality consultation, assessment, education and certification programs for management and staff designed to increase their understanding of the experience of aging and their ability to provide age friendly services.
- High quality educational forums for older adults on issues related to the experience of aging.
- The Toronto Network of Organizations of Seniors and the Councils on Aging in Ontario in giving a greater voice to older adults and enhancing the coordination of resources and services for older adults.
- Engaging in programs to strengthen Toronto as an Age-Friendly City: A City for All Ages
- Partnering with the City of Toronto to assist in the implementation of Toronto’s Senior Strategy
Programs and Workshops delivered by qualified and experienced older adults:
- Friendly to Seniors: a workshop for managers and staff of businesses and organizations to enhance their understanding and skills in working with and for older adults.
- Site Assessments for Safety and Accessibility: a service to assess facilities to identify barriers that may limit the access or present challenges for older adults.
- Living Longer, Aging Smarter: discussion groups that teach older adults to speak up and speak out about their issues and concerns.
- Senior to Senior: Mentorship to Leadership: discussion groups that empower and enable older adults to take a leadership role in their community.
- Boomers and Beyond: The Power of Positive Aging: speaker series that provides information to emerging and current older adults on health, wellness, mental health, safe travel, financial matters and other pertinent topics.
Collaboration and Consultation:
- Toronto Network of Organizations of Seniors
- Councils on Aging Network of Ontario
- Accountability Table, City of Toronto
- Senior Advisory Committee, Ontario Senior Secretariat, Ontario Region, Service Canada